Aircrack-ng forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aircrack-ng 1.7 release

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aireject - a fork of aireplay-ng  (Read 6994 times)

synoptica

aireject - a fork of aireplay-ng
« on: December 18, 2016, 05:58:05 am »

Hi all, I thought I'd share a tool I've made that might be of use to somebody here.

This is a fork of aireplay-ng (specifically the test (-9) functionality) for enhanced packet injection testing.

I created this project due to the limitations of the existing aireplay-ng packet injection test functionality. Using the packet injection test functionality of aireplay-ng enables you to test the ability for a wireless adaptor to perform packet injection, as well as its ability to both send and receive packets between the local client and remote access point.

Using this test mode has several limitations, including:
  • A fixed limit of only 30 packets sent to a remote AP for injection testing
  • A short timeout for sampling available nearby networks, resulting in only a small sample being tested
  • Inability to select a target BSSID for injection testing of a specific network
  • No channel hopping capability
By making the above options user-configurable, this project aims to provide a highly versatile packet injection test to provide real-time feedback without the requirement to authenticate with the remote device, enabling testing and adjustment of factors such as adaptor configuration and antenna positioning to achieve the most reliable two-way connection between a local client and remote AP.

I built this for provisioning and testing of long-distance links, but this would also be ideal in selecting the best targets for aircrack-ng / reaver / bully / pixie etc attacks that rely on packet injection.

This is pretty much my first major attempt at forking existing open-source work.  I'm entirely unfamiliar with the process of creating makefiles too, so while I've got the makefiles present in the project, they're copied straight from aircrack-ng 1.2-rc4 and make won't work; if anybody could help me out with this, that'd be great!

Code, usage and further information available here: https://github.com/cjastone/aireject

Feedback welcome!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:12:29 am by synoptica »

Northwest

Re: aireject - a fork of aireplay-ng
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:59:28 am »

I got the knowledge from these content and I will publish it to let people take advantage of these content.

misterx

• Aircrack-ng Author
  • Administrator
  • Aircrack-ng Author
    • Aircrack-ng
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 06:18:32 pm »

Out of curiosity, why not submitting a PR or a patch?

synoptica

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 10:09:04 pm »

At the time, it wasn't something I was even considering publishing - it was more of a case of 'to see if I could' and I wasn't confident of breaking existing functionality with the amount of code-butchering I was doing!

By the time I was done though, it seemed pretty effective so I thought I'd share it with the community.  I'd love to see this functionality incorporated into the main codebase though, if I can do anything to help, I'd welcome the opportunity to do so!

misterx

• Aircrack-ng Author
  • Administrator
  • Aircrack-ng Author
    • Aircrack-ng
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 05:48:07 pm »

If you can create a PR so I can review the code, that would be great.

Dewthanawan

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 07:30:06 am »

I studied after reading this. I do get new knowledge, which is really useful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up