Aircrack-ng

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Can we use airbase-ng to host WPA2 Access point?  (Read 3608 times)

buddha

• View Profile
Can we use airbase-ng to host WPA2 Access point?
« on: July 18, 2013, 02:47:19 pm »

Can we use airbase-ng to host WPA2 Access point?, i have tried it to host open network, how to host a wpa2 network with airbase-ng.

jaimechiquita111

• View Profile
Re: Can we use airbase-ng to host WPA2 Access point?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:43:25 pm »

Choose a network that has connected clients. You can create an AP Twin
(APT) named Wireless Lab or  the same ESSID but different BSSID and MAC with the command
root@kali:~# airbase-ng-a aa: aa: aa: aa: aa: aa - essid "Wireless Lab"-c 11 mon0
the shell window show all communications with the twin.

buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 04:38:52 am »

Hi,

The above command only creates a AP with no encryption, my question is to apply encryption on fake AP.Hi,

jaimechiquita111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 05:07:00 pm »

airbase-ng only can use WEP key, it's the -w option, to see the full capabilities do root@linux:~#airbase-ng --help

musket33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 05:34:22 am »

As Musket Team Alpha is working on this matter we appended a kali-linux entry(not ours) for your purview.
You will see commands for WPA2 in the airebase-ng command line. Our interest is in setting up a rogueAP that indicates it is encrypted with WPA2 but in fact is open. Hence our interets cross only in that airebase-ng may support WPA2.

We have yet to test the information below:
This is a common easy way to set a rogue acces point to do a mitm attack. the last step is very important and many times forgotten. Bring the bridge up with ifconfig.

if you do so you should also be able to see the bridge when running ifconfig. # brctl show will enable you to show all available bridges and its interfaces connected

to it.
this way you don't need script. Any client connected to the rogue acces point should have an internet connection and the ability to use it.

# airbase-ng --essid rogue -c (channel) -a (bssid) mon0 ==> for open authentication or [-W 1 (for wep)/ -W 1 -z 2 (for wpa)/ -W 1 -Z 2 (for wpa2)]
# brctl addbr (wifi-bridge)
# brctl addif (wifi-bridge) eth0
# brctl addif (wifi-bridge) ar0
# ifconfig at0 0.0.0.0 up
# ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
# ifconfig (wifi-bridge) up

Self Add
## -a mac address of access point

apt-get install bridge-utils

rastamouse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 05:49:01 pm »

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I'm in search of some more up-to-date info on this topic.

I am also trying to bring up a WPA2 AES (CCMP) AP using airbase-ng but I'm not having much luck.  I am using the following command:

# airbase-ng -c 6 --essid "test" -a AA:AA:AA:AA:AA:AA -W 1 -Z 4 -V 3 wlan0mon

I have a Windows 7 host which throws up an error when trying to connect, and a Windows XP host which seems to momentarily connect but then drops off.  This is the case when using -z and -Z.  I've also tried a few variations such as removing the -V and -W arguments, but I get the same results.
I've also tried no encryption and WEP encryption, which my Windows host can successfully connect to and ping the at0 interface.
I'm running this on Kali Linux with airbase-ng 1.2 beta2 and an Alfa AWUS036H (rtl8187 chipset with the mac80211 driver).

I haven't yet taken proper analysis of a packet capture, I shall be doing that in due course but I'm by no means an expert.  Happy to provide any dumps if that would prove useful.  Any thoughts from anybody?

musket33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 05:30:08 am »

For starters in your example you are using Z 4 not Z 2

If we understand your thread correctly airbase-ng is working for you except when you try and add WPA Encryption.

rastamouse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 12:33:58 pm »

Hi musket,

I've tried Z 4 and Z 2 with the same results.

But yes, you understand me correctly.

musket33

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 08:01:25 pm »

You might try testing association with:

aireplay-ng -1 10 -a  ta:rg:et:ma:co:de mon0

For WPA you should get  a warning that it is WPA. For WPA2 association is allowed.

+ Quick Reply