Aircrack-ng forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aircrack-ng 1.7 release

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
 on: May 04, 2022, 05:18:32 am 
Started by Kolusion - Last post by Kolusion
Between 'Frames' and 'Notes' in the client section in airodump-ng.

on: May 03, 2022, 07:43:23 pm 
Started by Kolusion - Last post by misterx
Any suggestion where to add that information?

on: May 03, 2022, 09:27:29 am 
'Packets' under the 'EXAMPLES' section of the airodump-ng man page should be 'Frames'.

on: May 03, 2022, 09:23:58 am 
It would be useful to be able to see the encryption a client is using. AP's using WPA3 are backwards compatible with clients using WPA2, so it would good to know which clients are being affected by a deauth attack.

on: May 03, 2022, 08:50:12 am 
Thanks for the clarifying that. :)

on: May 01, 2022, 05:04:57 pm 
Started by Kolusion - Last post by misterx
This is definitely not a percentage, and -90 is really weak. That's pretty much the limit of most wireless adapters, where they have to use the lowest rates.

It is the signal as reported by the driver (from adapter).

It is negative in most cases, and the closer to 0, the better (stronger). -40 is a pretty strong signal, -50/-55 is pretty much average. I've seen -15 when pointing a yagi directly again the antenna of a transmitter, and I don't think it can operate at such a strong signal.

However, a too strong signal is also a problem, it's like screaming in a microphone, the recording won't be intelligible.

on: May 01, 2022, 05:10:06 am 
I read in the manual that PWR is an indication of signal level, but the manual is not clear on how to make sense of the value.

Is -90 a strong signal or a weak signal? It looks like a weak signal (90% loss) but I sometimes get signal PWR levels around this value with the closest AP, so I'm not sure.

on: April 24, 2022, 06:09:39 pm 
Started by Ticobot - Last post by misterx
You either didn't set it to visible (in some cases, you have to reboot it so that it can apply the settings), or it's in the 5GHz band (and you're currently in the 2.4GHz.

on: April 24, 2022, 06:07:07 pm 
Started by valval - Last post by misterx
This is command line, so you open a terminal. If you're not familiar with Linux, check out LinuxJourney.com

on: April 23, 2022, 07:39:33 pm 
Started by valval - Last post by valval
We have a wiki, with a lot of documentation. Start there: https://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php

Alright. However, i still can;t find what windows i need ot open. How do i open the Aircrack's window where the commands need to be entered?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10