News:

Aircrack-ng 1.6 release

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
 on: October 30, 2021, 08:25:03 pm 
Started by Javiervs - Last post by misterx
Thanks for the update :)

on: October 28, 2021, 11:31:35 pm 
Started by Javiervs - Last post by jesperst
Sorry I didn't change the relatek, obviously update the driver/firmware that you have

on: October 28, 2021, 11:29:27 pm 
Started by Javiervs - Last post by jesperst
Updating firmware/driver helped me.

>sudo apt update

>sudo apt install firmware-realtek

then reboot

It didn't capture anything before the update and works like a charm since then. Hope it helps 8)

on: October 19, 2021, 08:33:36 pm 
Started by jjj - Last post by misterx
Yes, you can do a packet capture on the same channel as the AP. You should see A LOT of deauthentication.

Note that AP use deauthentication as well, but they usually send one, whereas aireaplay-ng for example sends like 64/128 every time.

Once you figured that it's actually a deauthentication attack, grab the mac address of the device doing it, then do direction finding, basically, walking with a directional antenna.

on: October 19, 2021, 05:10:35 am 
Started by jjj - Last post by jjj
Hi,

I'm looking to see if there's a way to confirm deauth attack and locate source of the attacker. I've got a device that my asus router log says is continuously deauthing. There are times when it's compeletly fine then it just happens. I've seen the $50 watch devices how they are able to do this but I'm looking to see, maybe there's a way to confirm even with a different wireless router and cloning the MAC address and see if at different location, that device will also be deauth attacked.

Any ideas? Please let me know. I think it's people close to my home.

Thanks,

J

on: October 10, 2021, 09:36:34 pm 
Started by Dl87 - Last post by misterx
Like what?

on: October 10, 2021, 04:38:10 am 
Started by Dl87 - Last post by Dl09
There is no alternative explanation?

on: October 10, 2021, 12:09:06 am 
Started by Dl87 - Last post by misterx
You need special drivers to do packet capture on Windows, and since they're not installed, you can't use airodump-ng on Windows.

You'd have to either find the drivers for that on Windows (good luck with that), or use Linux, booting live. If you can't live boot, then your only option is a virtual machine with a USB card. Check the FAQ in the wiki for recommendations.

on: October 10, 2021, 12:06:36 am 
Started by Skaw - Last post by misterx
The main possiblitity is that you're too far from the device.

Another thing: if your card is 802.11n and the connection to the APs are in 802.11ac, it will likely not see them. Same goes if MIMO is in use, and your card doesn't have the same amount of streams as used by the connection. Beamforming could be another reason, as the beam is directed toward a certain direction.

on: October 09, 2021, 12:43:04 pm 
Started by Skaw - Last post by Skaw
Hi, I'm pretty newbie with aircrack (That's why I am this section :) ) and I'm getting a few problems when using airodump-ng to scan stuff.

Before anything, I'm using Kali Linux with an AWUS036NHA USB adapter.

What I do, is:

Code: [Select]
airmon-ng check kill
airmon-ng start wlan1 (from now on, wlan1mon)
airodump-ng wlan1mon

Now, I get a lot of devices, but I get almost no data from them. Still, I'm going to scan my router MAC Address:

Code: [Select]
airodump-ng wlan1mon -d 00:11:22:33:44:55 -c 1

Not only I don't find any station (I have a PC and a phone connected to that router), but I get almost no data on the #Data column. Just a few units. About 10 in 5 minutes.

I check that every data I use (BSSID, Channel, etc) is correct, that I have both devices connected to the route and I am browsing internet to use it.
Despite that, nothing. Almost no data, and noy a single Station connected.

What could be the issue?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10