Aircrack-ng forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aircrack-ng 1.7 release

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Massive password list gen by crunch for Hex 10 Dig WPA keys  (Read 14200 times)

Kali

Massive password list gen by crunch for Hex 10 Dig WPA keys
« on: October 10, 2014, 01:35:35 am »

First of all i greet you all and thank you in advance for reading my question. I am a newbie Kali/Linux user and i am currently doing the challenge of cracking a WPA 10-Digit Hex protected wifi network. For that purpose i am using the aircrack-ng suite.

I managed to deauth a client and get a 4-way handshake packet. However, the default password list included in the aircrack suite [password.lst] does not contain the key i am looking for.

I then decided to use crunch to generate a password list with the parameters i need, like this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
root@kali:~# crunch 10 10 ABCDEF0123456789 /root/Desktop/passwordlists/hex10.lstCrunch will now generate the following amount of data: 12094627905536 bytes
11534336 MB
11264 GB
11 TB
0 PB
Crunch will now generate the following number of lines: 1099511627776 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 TB? OMFG!!!

Ok, since i know that the key is composed of five sets of pairs, and there are four types of pair (Letter-Letter, Number-Letter, Letter-Number, Number-Number) i thought if reducing the size of the list or lists generated by adding parameters to crunch. However, even with those patters, the total number of lists possible is 4^5= 1024.

My question is: How can i generate a password list for my needs that can that is inside the 100GB size range?

Is there any other approach to hacking this?

I aprecciate ur help,
Regards.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:40:22 am by Kali »

misterx

• Aircrack-ng Author
  • Administrator
  • Aircrack-ng Author
    • Aircrack-ng
Re: Massive password list gen by crunch for Hex 10 Dig WPA keys
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 01:55:51 am »

If it's a one time thing, there is no need to save that file to disk, just pipe it to aircrack-ng.

Kali

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 02:09:07 am »

Sounds a solution for me. But i am a linux newbie, please do show me how to command that in terminal. Thanks man.

misterx

• Aircrack-ng Author
  • Administrator
  • Aircrack-ng Author
    • Aircrack-ng
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 04:49:12 am »

That's explained in the wiki.

drsnooker

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 07:07:49 pm »

Howdy, similar noob here, but I'm going to create the list myself using matlab. Although I'm first going to try 10 digit numericals only. If you have any programming skills, perhaps using crunch isn't always the right solution to make a custom list.

drsnooker

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 01:40:25 am »

All done. moved to cudahashcat though, got an order of magnitude in speed using my GPU instead.

Kaos

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 10:38:31 pm »

Code: [Select]
crunch 10 10 abcdef1234567890 | aircrack-ng --bssid (BSSID) -w- /root/Desktop/*.cap   
This assumes that you store your cap files in root/Desktop/  it generates all possible combinations of hex chars, then outputs to aircrack to test against *.cap 
Pages: [1]   Go Up